￼Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard publishing application for print publications, interactive PDF documents, digital magazines, and EPUBs.
Use Indesign to create and publish a broad range of content for print, Web, and for tablet apps.
You can create simple Flyers, Banners, business cards or complex multi-page layouts quickly and efficiently with precise control.
This two day Adobe authorised introductory course is designed to give you a comprehensive working knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
You need no previous experience to attend this course.
The InDesign Workspace
• Workspace overview • InDesign preferences • The Control Panel • Setting tool defaults • Using shortcuts • Zooming and Navigation • Saving your Workspace
Creating a new document
• Document presets • Selecting Intent for print, web • Setting Margins & Columns • Bleed & Slug • Screen Mode
Working with FRAMES
• Understanding the Frame Tools • Creating Graphics frame • Create Text frames • Using the control panel • Fill Colour & Stroke • Transforming, Scaling, Rotating Objects • Placing & resizing Graphics • Using the Align panel • Working with the Gap tool • Grouping and ungrouping • Transparency & Blending settings
Working with TEXT
• Creating text • Selecting and editing text • Placing text from MS Word & other Applications • Finding missing fonts • Text Control Panel • Text Flow • Aligning text within a frame • Spellcheck • Character & Paragraph level formatting • Copy & paste using the eyedropper tool • Tracking & Kerning • Working with Tabs ￼• Applying text Wrap
Working with STYLES
• Character and paragraph styles • Creating Character styles • Editing and Updating styles • Creating and applying object styles • Saving Styles
Working with GRAPHICS
• Placing graphics into InDesign • Wrapping text around images • Fitting Images inside Frames • Links Panel • Smart guides and smart spacing • The Effects panel • Creating gradients • Setting up an Object library
• Adding Colours to the swatches panel • Applying colours to objects • Working with Gradients • Spot and process colours • Using stroke and fill options • Creating tint Swatches • Sampling colours from images
• Using the Pages panel • Targeting pages and spreads • Creating Master Pages • Arranging & Deleting Master Pages • Auto-numbering pages • Numbering and Section options
Exporting and printing
• Check document using Live PreFlight • Exporting a Print document • Export PDF options • Export for email • Package your document • Anticipating potential problems
Course Cost $660.00 (Early Bird $595.00) pp Course fee includes Adobe’s Classroom in a Book (Digital Copy) and course materials.
Tea, coffee, Filtered water and biscuits are available throughout the day and lunch at one of our favourites spots around Circular Quay.